JoyPop | Design & Discovery, Development
JoyPop is a mobile platform designed to improve mental health research and treatment. The 5-day Design & Discovery Session resulted in a prioritized feature set, product roadmap with supporting assets including wireframes and user journeys, and preliminary app design.
McMaster University is a public research university located in Ontario, Canada. The JoyPop platform is a project spearheaded by its Department of Health Sciences.
- Create a mobile platform with the goal of improving mental health research and treatment
- Conduct product discovery and design to set the foundation for a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Develop first iteration of JoyPop product for initial user base to help secure additional project funding
- Create ideal user experience for two distinct user types: youth affected by mental health issues, and mental health researchers
- Clearbridge Mobile Design and Discovery phase helped McMaster understand product goals, prioritize product features, and produce a clickable app prototype
- Initial app visualization, user journeys, wireframes, and product roadmap
- Development of JoyPop Minimum Viable Product to be released to select user base with plans to expand to a broader audience
“ I’m pleased with the level to which they delivered what we wanted: a simple, intuitive, and engaging product…When I give presentations at conferences and workshops, the international community (and especially the students) want to talk about the app.”
Dr. Christine Wekerle,